Direct Sales Invoice is the ERP method to create an Invoice without a Sales Order or Sales Delivery and perform all actions in one step. This method allows you to create an invoice directly for businesses that don’t require to have a full process workflow by creating order and delivery notes.
When creating a Direct Sales Invoice Sales Order and the Delivery document will be created automatically with a reference number set to Auto. The stock will be delivered from the warehouse and GL entry will be created.
Warning: Creating a direct invoice can not be reversed! If any mistakes are made you will need to create another invoice, or credit note, although if you have suitable permission you can go to the settings and void the transaction.
Note: To create a Direct sales Invoice, you have to have Customers and Items set up correctly
ERP Setup Tips
- To modify some invoice parameters go to Customer Transaction Inquiry, use the filter to find your invoice (Filter by date, customer, document type).
- To override the default setting preventing inventory of any item to be less than zero (you will receive a warning), go to: Setup->System and General GL Setup and under the Inventory heading check-mark the box: Allow Negative Inventory.
- If you are not using inventory or your company is selling services set Item Type to Service in the item list.
- Sales price can be calculated from a Standard Cost. Set your margin in Company Setup.
- Set your sales prices upfront for commonly used items. You can set sales prices separately for each Price List selected in the invoice header. If set, will override Standard Cost calculation.
- During Order Processing and Invoicing, change payment terms in a combobox. If this facility is unavailable, enable it by:
- Check Setup -> Points of Sale and make sure that Allowed credit sale terms selection and Allowed cash sale terms selection are checked.
- Check Setup -> Access Setup -> Sales Transactions and see if it is enabled for the user needing the said privilege.
- When creating a direct sales invoice, the cash payment is made to the account set in the Setup => POS Setup and it is on a per user basis.
To make a Direct Invoice on just one screen:
- Just enter Direct Invoice page.
- Press the “+” sign beside customer selector to enter a new customer.
- Enter new customer info and save it.
- Then use cash payment option which also registers payment for invoice in single step.
- If you choose a create a credit invoice the payment step will not be done.
- List all unpaid invoices under Customer Payment
- Here you can select any unpaid invoice by customer name, and select to enter payment for selected customer’s unpaid invoices and choose the payment amount and cash/bank account for full or partial payment.
- The credit invoice will not be closed untill it is paid in full.